Industrial Supercritical Fluid Chromatography Systems
Preparative SFC solutions for greener, faster and cost-effective separations
• Cost-effective, scalable and fast solution
• Integrated CO2 recycling
• Any quantity, from lab to commercial scale
• Stable, repeatable and robust process, tried and tested by our custom purifi cation teams and our customers
• Expert services: process development, training, spare parts management, maintenance
Based on our unique experience in preparative and industrial chromatography, we have developed a robust and effi cient line of Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) systems. For separations from grams to tens of kilograms, our SFC systems are ideal for any chiral resolution, complex mixture purifi cation or natural extract isolation.
Our SFC off ering is backed by our expert process development services and includes:
• Prochrom® SFC columns
• Automated Prochrom® Supersep chromatography systems
SFC is typically 3 to 5 times faster than HPLC. It enables the rapid purifi cation of compounds from grams to kilograms and speeds up product availability
and provides pre-commercial batches.
Robustness & performance guarantees
We fully master the design and manufacturing of our chromatography systems, from engineering and component selection to fi nal assembly and on-site
installation. We provide you with performance guarantees.
Reduced environmental impact
The use of supercritical CO2 decreases the amount of organic solvent required by 5 to 20 fold and our unique CO2 recycling technology reduces CO2 consumption by up to 20 times, allowing you to drastically reduce both production costs and environmental impact.
These systems feature a fully closed design which can be connected directly to a vent: this full containment ensures a maximal security of operation.
We provide preparative chromatography columns adapted to the high pressure requirement of SFC and based on our Prochrom® DAC (Dynamic Axial Compression) technology.
|Column Diameter (mm)||50||80||100||150||200|
|Max. Bed Length (mm)||350||450|
|Pressure Rating (bar)||300|
The DAC system consists of a piston which maintains a dynamic axial compression on the stationary phase. This provides packing with an optimum bed density and stability ensuring an effi cient separation, easy and direct scale-up and a consistent performance at any scale of production and over extended periods of time.
Our fully automated Supersep™ SFC systems are designed for process development and pilot-scale chromatographic separations.
A robust and efficient design
• Optimal industrial design allowing for 24/7 continuous operation
• High productivity and yield resulting from excellent process reproducibility
• Reliability of instrumentation and easy access for reduced maintenance
• Compatibility with separation methods developed on any analytical SFC system
A cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution
• Flexible CO2 supply (gas or liquid) to minimize CAPEX and energy needs
• Patented CO2 recycling device to reduce CO2 consumption by 10 to 20 times
• Contained system for feed and fraction collection to prevent any toxic aerosols
• High-pressure cyclones for high-recovery yields
• Proprietary automatic cleaning-in-place feature for faster product changeovers
All our SFC systems can be operated under cGMP conditions. They are fully qualified and extensively tested during factory acceptance testing (FAT) and site acceptance testing (SAT).
|Prochrom® Supersep Systems||150||400||1000||3000|
|Flow rate Range (g/min)||30 - 150||100 - 400||250 - 1000||600 - 3000|
|Co-Solvent Flow Rate (g/min)||0 - 80||0 - 160||0 - 400||0 - 1000|
|Typical Column Diameter (mm)||20* to 30*||30* to 50||50 to 80||80 to 100|
|Max. Operating Pressure (bar)||300|
|Max. Operating Temperature (°C)||60|
|Injection-Detection-Collection Features||Injection loop - UV detector - Automated fraction collection|
|Implementation||General purpose lab||Explosion Proof|
We have manufactured Prochrom® Supersep systems with up to 14 kg/min CO2 flow rate at 300 bar and columns of 200 mm i.d.
Contact us with any of your requirements for large scale SFC systems.
Supersep™ SC software provides user-friendly, secure and traceable chromatography processes.
Main functions include:
• Multi-level access control
• Recipe editor
• Batch management
• Manual/automatic operations
• Real-time monitoring of all process parameters
• Historical data logging
• Alarm management